My Bridal Bouquet

The English have an affinity and knack for beautiful flowers at their weddings. I had picked up a beautiful seasonal English wedding floral magazine at the bookstore to give me some ideas and inspiration for my bridal bouquet.

When I saw this bridal bouquet, I fell head-over-heels in love with it! Plus, it showcased the Gloriosa lilies which I had already decided to incorporate into our wedding floral choices.



My version contained Casablanca lilies as the main floral flower, with Gloriosa lilies as the accent color. Snake grass bent into squared shapes copied the magazine image and curly willow pulled in the ceremony arrangements to tie the wedding flowers together. Lesson learned: the florist didn't finish the backside of the floral holder as I had requested and its plastic construction was visible in many of the pre-wedding portraits I had taken on the grand staircase. Covering the back of the holder in white satin ribbon may not be a big deal for some, but for me, it was. I'm all about the details, even if they are only going to be seen by a select few.





Another view of my bridal bouquet. I am also holding the dendrobium orchid "lasso" (lei) we used in the ceremony. A second lesson learned, the lasso/lei were two strands of orchids loosely tied together. I'd explained to the florist when placing my order how we were going to be using it during the ceremony. However, the florist didn't secure the two sections tightly enough, together, and it separated on one side during the unity ceremony. Eeek!