Striking Floral Design for the Ceremony



I don't quite remember how I stumbled upon this floral arrangement online...I must have been doing a search for curly willow and lilies! However, once I found this series of photos from someones wedding, I immediately knew I wanted to get a similar look and effect for our wedding day.




These ceremony arrangements were a combination of massive quantities of curly willow, what looked to be Casablanca lilies, cymbidium orchids, eucaylptus and either snowballs or white hydrandgea. I thought the result was simply stunning and elegant beyond words! Also, they had filled the clear glass vases with slices of limes to either hide the floral stems or to add one more design element to the final result.



Below is how our version of the arrangements looked at the front of the aisle...



I used a mix of curly willow, Casablanca lilies, Gloriosa lilies and orange and grapefruit slices for the vase decorations. I had wanted to use blood oranges, but we were getting married in the wrong season to use them.




I love the look of Gloriosa lilies and the effect against the citrus and the white Casablanca lilies was spectacular. It also smelled heavenly, too! We purchased the tall square vases for the arrangements which helped keep down our floral costs. Also, because Casablanca lilies are so large, we didn't have to have a ton of them to achieve the effect we were going for. When the ceremony was over, these were moved into the reception & dinner rooms for the remainder of the evening.