Down The Aisle in My Own Unique Style



I walked down the aisle to a David Bowie song for my wedding processional.

I know, how cool is that?!

Both Eddie and I are huge Bowie fans and I knew I wanted something different to play than "Here Comes The Bride"...

So I chose "5:15 The Angels Have Gone" which had a marvelous beginning, perfect walking tempo and swelling musical emotion before Mr. Jones began to croon. The song has a synthesizer break at the start, which aligned perfectly with my stepping out onto the balcony in a "ta da!" moment before beginning my walk down the aisle. I made a point of stopping by the hotel once I knew I wanted to use this song, and I counted the number of steps out of the foyer onto the balcony and then down to the front so I could make sure there was enough time for everything without feeling rushed.

It was perfect!

We included this beautiful song on our wedding CD that we gave to our guests, which included all the songs used in our wedding, reception and dinner.

You can listen to the song here.